Betty White to join Madame Tussauds museum in wax
WASHINGTON -- Actress and animal lover Betty White is joining the collection in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum in Washington.
The museum says a new wax figure of the 91-year-old White will be unveiled tomorrow. Washington Humane Society CEO Lisa LaFontaine will unveil White's figure to pay homage to the "Hot in Cleveland" star's passion for animals.
White is the latest celebrity to take her place among the U.S. presidents in the Madame Tussauds collection. White is best known for her roles on "The Golden Girls" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and is currently on the hit "Hot in Cleveland" on TV Land.
The Humane Society also will have its mobile adoption center at the museum today for visitors to adopt animals.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while retrieving keys 42 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos