Betty White to join Madame Tussauds museum in wax
WASHINGTON -- Actress and animal lover Betty White is joining the collection in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum in Washington.
The museum says a new wax figure of the 91-year-old White will be unveiled tomorrow. Washington Humane Society CEO Lisa LaFontaine will unveil White's figure to pay homage to the "Hot in Cleveland" star's passion for animals.
White is the latest celebrity to take her place among the U.S. presidents in the Madame Tussauds collection. White is best known for her roles on "The Golden Girls" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and is currently on the hit "Hot in Cleveland" on TV Land.
The Humane Society also will have its mobile adoption center at the museum today for visitors to adopt animals.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 36 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight 37 min ago
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 32 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 1 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man 28 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident 7 min ago
- Want to buy pot, legally? Head to Uruguay
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos