Betty White to join Madame Tussauds museum in wax
WASHINGTON -- Actress and animal lover Betty White is joining the collection in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum in Washington.
The museum says a new wax figure of the 91-year-old White will be unveiled tomorrow. Washington Humane Society CEO Lisa LaFontaine will unveil White's figure to pay homage to the "Hot in Cleveland" star's passion for animals.
White is the latest celebrity to take her place among the U.S. presidents in the Madame Tussauds collection. White is best known for her roles on "The Golden Girls" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and is currently on the hit "Hot in Cleveland" on TV Land.
The Humane Society also will have its mobile adoption center at the museum today for visitors to adopt animals.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home patients die from blunt force trauma 22 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire 55 min ago
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test 23 min ago
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 10 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 6 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf