Study: Popcorn makes advertising less effective
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Researchers uncovered an interesting result after studying people eating popcorn in a movie theater.
They found that chewing popcorn makes us immune to film advertising. Scientists say that people tend to use their lips and tongue to simulate the pronunciation of a new name the first time we hear a new brand.
But this inner speech can be disturbed by chewing, making viewers remember less about the ad being shown.
Researchers say this may change how companies decide to promote their brands.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 7 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 38 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 2 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 7 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 57 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston