Actress/dancer Julianne Hough criticized over 'Crazy Eyes' Halloween costume
LOS ANGELES, CA (KTRK) -- Orange is the new Black, but that doesn't mean it's okay for anyone to wear blackface; a lesson actress Julianne Hough had to learn the hard way.
The 25-year-old dressed as the character Crazy Eyes from the hit Netflix show and to get her costume just right, she darkened the skin on her face and neck.
Hough received a lot of criticism on social media for donning blackface and apologized on Twitter, saying it was never her intention to be disrespectful.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
halloween, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 12 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 2 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus 46 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 1 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 50 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May