Lily Tomlin ties knot with partner of 42 years
LOS ANGELES, CA -- After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin's longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
Tomlin's publicist Jennifer Allen told People Magazine and other media outlets Tuesday that the 74-year-old actress and comedian married 78-year-old Jane Wagner in a private New Year's Eve ceremony in Los Angeles.
Tomlin gained fame through the 1960s sketch show "Laugh-In," went on to star in movies like "9 to 5" and "All of Me" and more recently was a regular on the TV shows "Murphy Brown and "The West Wing."
Wagner was writer of Tomlin's Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe," and wrote the screenplay for her movie "The Incredible Shrinking Woman."
Chicago Tribune columnist Liz Smith, a friend of both women, first reported the marriage.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon