Lily Tomlin ties knot with partner of 42 years
LOS ANGELES, CA -- After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin's longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
Tomlin's publicist Jennifer Allen told People Magazine and other media outlets Tuesday that the 74-year-old actress and comedian married 78-year-old Jane Wagner in a private New Year's Eve ceremony in Los Angeles.
Tomlin gained fame through the 1960s sketch show "Laugh-In," went on to star in movies like "9 to 5" and "All of Me" and more recently was a regular on the TV shows "Murphy Brown and "The West Wing."
Wagner was writer of Tomlin's Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe," and wrote the screenplay for her movie "The Incredible Shrinking Woman."
Chicago Tribune columnist Liz Smith, a friend of both women, first reported the marriage.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 7 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case