RodeoHouston: Demand for tickets causes purchasing problems
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Tickets for RodeoHouston went on sale this morning at 10am, but the process might not have gone as smoothly as Rodeo officials or fans might have hoped
Tickets officially went on sale at 10am. But at 10:29am, RodeoHouston tweeted, "We are aware of the issues w/ @Ticketmaster. Please continue to remain patient. Thank you for your support!"
Then at around 1pm, RodeoHouston officials released the following statement:
- "Due to the extreme demand for 2014 RODEOHOUSTON tickets this morning, the Ticketmaster system had difficulty processing the amount of requests received.
Some users experienced incorrect messages online, to include mobile transactions, referencing that tickets were not on sale for various entertainers, as well as long, fluctuating wait times.
We apologize to our RODEOHOUSTON fans, and want to let them know that Ticketmaster's online system has now caught up with the demand. We invite our fans to check back at ticketmaster.com/rodeohouston to purchase tickets.
While a few performances have a limited amount of tickets available, there are still plenty of tickets available for most performances.
"We value each and every one of our RODEOHOUSTON fans," said Leroy Shafer, chief operating officer of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo". "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience they may have encountered."
This year's lineup features entertainers like Brad Paisley, Reba, Usher, Selena Gomez and Maroon 5.
You can get tickets at rodeohouston.com, through all Ticketmaster outlets, and by phone at 800-726-1313.
Rodeo ticket prices range from $18 to $21, plus Ticketmaster convenience and handling charges (a few performances may have a limited number of tickets available from $24 to $86). Upper level Value Wednesday tickets are $10.
A limited number of Chute Seats, located directly behind the bucking chutes, are available for $200 and $300, and include food, soft drinks, and the opportunity to watch the star entertainer from the Reliant Stadium floor. [FULL TICKET INFO AND ENTERTAINERS]
The Rodeo begins March 4.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 13 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 59 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 40 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 30 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret