George Zimmerman to take on DMX in celebrity boxing match
George Zimmerman, the Florida man who was acquitted last year in the murder of teenager Trayvon Martin, is back in the news.
The neighborhood watchman is going from a courtroom fight to one involving boxing gloves. Zimmerman is going up against rapper DMX for a televised Celebrity Boxing match.
According to ABCNews.com, Zimmerman initiated it, reaching out to the show's promoter to say he's interested. More than 15,000 people applied to take him on in the ring.
As for fight predictions? DMX says he plans to fight dirty and to beat the "living (expletive) out of him."
How do they stack up? Check out the tale of the tape on ABCNews.com
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 5 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects