HOUSTON (KTRK) -- You see their art on cards, serving dishes, calendars and scarves. The young artists from M.D. Anderson Cancer Center are famous for their work.
On Friday, ABC13 anchor Katie McCall and Healthcheck Reporter Christi Myers introduced several young artists whose work is featured in the 2012 collection. They received a golden statute and strolled down the catwalk to the applause of a Galleria audience.
Sales from the Children's Art Project have raised $30 million in 39 years. The money sends kids to camp and pays for other recreational activities. It also funds education programs for children with cancer.
healthcheck, christi myers
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 57 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty 14 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing 11 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 5 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 43 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck