Cell phones could aggravate metal allergies
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- You may be allergic to your cellphone!
If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to take a second look at your mobile phone. A study by New York researchers found using those with these metal allergies ended up with skin redness, swelling, itching and even blistering where the metal touched their skin. The metals became more exposed with more wear and tear.
Some Blackberry phones had nickel in them. Many flip phones had both. None of the iPhones or Androids that were tested, had nickel or cobalt.
Cell Phones With Nickel and Cobalt
Phone models that had no nickel and no cobalt detected in all phones tested included:
Models that had nickel but no cobalt included:
Phone models tested that had both nickel and cobalt included:
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 59 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 57 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 39 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
42 min ago