Cell phones could aggravate metal allergies
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- You may be allergic to your cellphone!
If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to take a second look at your mobile phone. A study by New York researchers found using those with these metal allergies ended up with skin redness, swelling, itching and even blistering where the metal touched their skin. The metals became more exposed with more wear and tear.
Some Blackberry phones had nickel in them. Many flip phones had both. None of the iPhones or Androids that were tested, had nickel or cobalt.
Cell Phones With Nickel and Cobalt
Phone models that had no nickel and no cobalt detected in all phones tested included:
Models that had nickel but no cobalt included:
Phone models tested that had both nickel and cobalt included:
- Child killed by falling tree branch 5 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby