Cell phones could aggravate metal allergies
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- You may be allergic to your cellphone!
If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to take a second look at your mobile phone. A study by New York researchers found using those with these metal allergies ended up with skin redness, swelling, itching and even blistering where the metal touched their skin. The metals became more exposed with more wear and tear.
Some Blackberry phones had nickel in them. Many flip phones had both. None of the iPhones or Androids that were tested, had nickel or cobalt.
Cell Phones With Nickel and Cobalt
Phone models that had no nickel and no cobalt detected in all phones tested included:
Models that had nickel but no cobalt included:
Phone models tested that had both nickel and cobalt included:
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck