Cell phones could aggravate metal allergies
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- You may be allergic to your cellphone!
If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to take a second look at your mobile phone. A study by New York researchers found using those with these metal allergies ended up with skin redness, swelling, itching and even blistering where the metal touched their skin. The metals became more exposed with more wear and tear.
Some Blackberry phones had nickel in them. Many flip phones had both. None of the iPhones or Androids that were tested, had nickel or cobalt.
Cell Phones With Nickel and Cobalt
Phone models that had no nickel and no cobalt detected in all phones tested included:
Models that had nickel but no cobalt included:
Phone models tested that had both nickel and cobalt included:
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co. 5 min ago
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Search continues for clues in women's murders 18 min ago
- Photos: Two dead after car hits crowd in Austin
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 46 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck 40 min ago
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
50 min ago
- Crime Stoppers using social media to stop...
16 min ago