Cell phones could aggravate metal allergies
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- You may be allergic to your cellphone!
If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to take a second look at your mobile phone. A study by New York researchers found using those with these metal allergies ended up with skin redness, swelling, itching and even blistering where the metal touched their skin. The metals became more exposed with more wear and tear.
Some Blackberry phones had nickel in them. Many flip phones had both. None of the iPhones or Androids that were tested, had nickel or cobalt.
Cell Phones With Nickel and Cobalt
Phone models that had no nickel and no cobalt detected in all phones tested included:
Models that had nickel but no cobalt included:
Phone models tested that had both nickel and cobalt included:
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 10 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption'
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 23 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos