Faulty diabetes test strips being recalled
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you have diabetes, beware of a faulty test strip.
Nova Diabetes Care is recalling Nova Max blood glucose test strips and Nova Max Plus glucose meter kits.
The FDA says they give abnormally high blood sugar readings, and a wrong reading could lead to dangerous medication errors.
They're sold in stores and online.
Patients can find out if their glucose test strips are being recalled by visiting the Nova Cares website or calling a hotline at 1-800-681-7390.
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'