European scientists question effectiveness of drug identical to Plan B One Step
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's a warning for some women who depend on a certain kind of birth control.
European officials now saying an emergency contraceptive identical to Plan B One Step may not be effective for some women over a certain weight.
French scientists found the drug began losing its effectiveness for women over 165 pounds.
The FDA is currently reviewing the issue.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale