TLC's 'Little Couple' Dr. Jennifer Arnold beating cancer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In December, we reported that Houston's Dr. Jen Arnold of 'The Little Couple' was battling a rare form of cancer. Well, now she's got some good news to report.
In a Tweet on Tuesday, Dr. Arnold reported, 'It's official- ME 1 vs CANCER 0&I WIN! Thank you for all the payers, thoughts, & support!
She later tweeted, "What a wonderful way to celebrate #WorldCancerDay! I am done with cancer!"
"I had my official last chemo treatment," Arnold told People. "And while I'm hesitant to say I'm cancer-free -- maybe that's common for people who have had cancer -- I'm doing great. Everything is moving in the right direction. I am very excited."
Dr. Arnold and her husband, Bill Klein, have struggled to have children and that has been chronicled on the TLC show "The Little Couple." Last year, she became pregnant, but in a cruel twist, the pregnancy turned into a rare but aggressive type of cancer of the uterus.
"The cells were abnormal to begin with, never developed into the placenta, and in fact, became a tumor," Baylor gynecologist oncologist Dr. Concepcion Diaz-Arrastia said.
We'll continue to follow Dr. Arnold's progress in her battle with cancer; a battle she's happy to report that she's winning!
healthcheck, christi myers
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home