An easy full body workout you can do at home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A lot of us start the New Year off with resolutions. At the top of the list is often losing weight. All this week, we're showing you great ways to drop those extra pounds in the comfort of your own home.
With only 64 percent of people keeping their resolution through the first month, it's important to have a plan and stick to it. That's why personal trainer Hillary Hagner has come up with a detailed calendar of different exercises you can do every day to reach your goal. [PRINT CALENDAR]
Today, we're showing you a full-body workout.
Perform each exercise for 1 minute then repeat for a total of 3-5 sets.
1. Squat-to-Shoulder Press: Start standing, with your feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells in each hand, arms down by your side. Perform a squat and as you stand up, shoulder press the dumbbells overhead.
2. Push-Up Position: Row Kick-Back: Start in a push-up position with your hands holding dumbbells. Draw one elbow up to your side and then straighten your arm into a "kickback motion" by flexing your tricep. Return the dumbbell to the floor before repeating the same motion on the other side.
3. High Knees: Standing straight up, begin running in place while drawing your knees up into your chest. Try to get your knees up as high as possible and be careful to land on the balls of your feet. High intensity! (30-60 sec)
4. Jumping Jack Press-Ups: Start by standing with your feet together. Hold a light pair of dumbbells in your hands. Tuck your elbow into your sides and bring the dumbbells up to your shoulders, palms facing each other. This is your starting position. Doing a jumping jack, as you jump your feet apart, press the dumbbells over head as if you were punching through the ceiling. Pop your feet back together and bring your dumbbells back to your shoulders. Repeat at a rapid pace.
5. Plie Squat Bicep Curls: Squat down to the bottom of a plié squat, holding dumbbells down in front of you with straight elbows. Pretending the dumbbells are a single bar, slowly bicep curl them to your chest. Stay at the bottom of your squat the whole time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston