An easy full body workout you can do at home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A lot of us start the New Year off with resolutions. At the top of the list is often losing weight. All this week, we're showing you great ways to drop those extra pounds in the comfort of your own home.
With only 64 percent of people keeping their resolution through the first month, it's important to have a plan and stick to it. That's why personal trainer Hillary Hagner has come up with a detailed calendar of different exercises you can do every day to reach your goal. [PRINT CALENDAR]
Today, we're showing you a full-body workout.
Perform each exercise for 1 minute then repeat for a total of 3-5 sets.
1. Squat-to-Shoulder Press: Start standing, with your feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells in each hand, arms down by your side. Perform a squat and as you stand up, shoulder press the dumbbells overhead.
2. Push-Up Position: Row Kick-Back: Start in a push-up position with your hands holding dumbbells. Draw one elbow up to your side and then straighten your arm into a "kickback motion" by flexing your tricep. Return the dumbbell to the floor before repeating the same motion on the other side.
3. High Knees: Standing straight up, begin running in place while drawing your knees up into your chest. Try to get your knees up as high as possible and be careful to land on the balls of your feet. High intensity! (30-60 sec)
4. Jumping Jack Press-Ups: Start by standing with your feet together. Hold a light pair of dumbbells in your hands. Tuck your elbow into your sides and bring the dumbbells up to your shoulders, palms facing each other. This is your starting position. Doing a jumping jack, as you jump your feet apart, press the dumbbells over head as if you were punching through the ceiling. Pop your feet back together and bring your dumbbells back to your shoulders. Repeat at a rapid pace.
5. Plie Squat Bicep Curls: Squat down to the bottom of a plié squat, holding dumbbells down in front of you with straight elbows. Pretending the dumbbells are a single bar, slowly bicep curl them to your chest. Stay at the bottom of your squat the whole time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 40 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 2 min ago
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 28 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling 21 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 2 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos