TLC's 'Little Couple' Dr. Jennifer Arnold beating rare cancer in uterus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In December, we reported that Houston Dr. Jen Arnold of 'The Little Couple' was battling a rare form of cancer. Well, now she's got some good news to report.
In a Tweet on Tuesday, Dr. Arnold reported, 'It's official- ME 1 vs CANCER 0...I WIN! Thank you for all the payers, thoughts, & support!"
She later tweeted, "What a wonderful way to celebrate #WorldCancerDay! I am done with cancer!"
"I had my official last chemo treatment," Arnold told People. "And while I'm hesitant to say I'm cancer-free -- maybe that's common for people who have had cancer -- I'm doing great. Everything is moving in the right direction. I am very excited."
Dr. Arnold and her husband, Bill Klein, have struggled to have children and that has been chronicled on the TLC show "The Little Couple." Last year, she became pregnant, but in a cruel twist, the pregnancy turned into a rare but aggressive type of cancer of the uterus.
"The cells were abnormal to begin with, never developed into the placenta, and in fact, became a tumor," Baylor gynecologist oncologist Dr. Concepcion Diaz-Arrastia said.
She began chemotherapy in December.
We'll continue to follow Dr. Arnold's progress in her battle with cancer; a battle she's happy to report that she's winning!
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston