Carb cycling: Dieting technique to get fit fast goes mainstream
PHILADELPHIA, PA (KTRK) -- A dieting technique that used to be used only by bodybuilders is now going mainstream. It's known as carb cycling.
6ABC Action News reports that the way bodybuilders use this dieting trick can be extreme, but there are less drastic versions that can still help you get fit fast.
Carb cycling is when you vary the amount of carbohydrates -- like bread, rice, even grains and fruit -- that you eat from day to day, adding in more vegetables and protein. The idea is that it tricks your body into burning more calories.
But there are different ways to do it.
Get more on this story from our sister station, WPVI-TV.
lifestyle, diet, exercise, healthcheck
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights 56 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers 55 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids