Mom asks Friendswood police to end traffic deals
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A mom turned undercover drug informant says she is now demanding Friendswood police stop offering informant deals to traffic violators starting immediately.
The single mom says she was recently ticketed in Friendswood for two traffic violations. In a rare move, police questioned the woman for hours about any possible drug connections. She denied having any but tells us police finally gave her a choice. She could spend a night in jail or agree to go undercover as a drug buyer. She took the deal, but quickly wanted out.
"It still worries me. I still have to worry about my name being in the middle of that," the woman said.
Friendswood police confirm they do these deals about once a month.
The woman's attorney demanded the city stop offering the deals, promise not to retaliate against her and compensate her for what she calls civil right violations.
The city's attorney has the demands, but did not not return our calls.
friendswood, in focus, ted oberg
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos