Mom asks Friendswood police to end traffic deals
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A mom turned undercover drug informant says she is now demanding Friendswood police stop offering informant deals to traffic violators starting immediately.
The single mom says she was recently ticketed in Friendswood for two traffic violations. In a rare move, police questioned the woman for hours about any possible drug connections. She denied having any but tells us police finally gave her a choice. She could spend a night in jail or agree to go undercover as a drug buyer. She took the deal, but quickly wanted out.
"It still worries me. I still have to worry about my name being in the middle of that," the woman said.
Friendswood police confirm they do these deals about once a month.
The woman's attorney demanded the city stop offering the deals, promise not to retaliate against her and compensate her for what she calls civil right violations.
The city's attorney has the demands, but did not not return our calls.
friendswood, in focus, ted oberg
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 21 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos