Mom asks Friendswood police to end traffic deals
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A mom turned undercover drug informant says she is now demanding Friendswood police stop offering informant deals to traffic violators starting immediately.
The single mom says she was recently ticketed in Friendswood for two traffic violations. In a rare move, police questioned the woman for hours about any possible drug connections. She denied having any but tells us police finally gave her a choice. She could spend a night in jail or agree to go undercover as a drug buyer. She took the deal, but quickly wanted out.
"It still worries me. I still have to worry about my name being in the middle of that," the woman said.
Friendswood police confirm they do these deals about once a month.
The woman's attorney demanded the city stop offering the deals, promise not to retaliate against her and compensate her for what she calls civil right violations.
The city's attorney has the demands, but did not not return our calls.
friendswood, in focus, ted oberg
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 34 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 52 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing