Cross-dresser accused of stealing purses
(4/26/06 - KTRK/CONROE, TX) (KTRK) -- An apparent cross-dresser has been arrested in a string of thefts.
According to Conroe police, three suspects committed multiple thefts and robberies over the course of a week. The crime spree began on April 14, when candy and other items were taken from a shop. Later the same day, clothes were stolen from a local clothing store.
In both cases, witnesses stated the male suspect appeared to be a cross-dresser. He was described as a tall, slender black male with a unique tattoo on his neck.
Three women had their purses stolen while they were doing laundry at a washateria. They gave a description that matched the male suspect in the other crimes. He allegedly became more aggressive and in some cases used pepper spray to disorient his victims so he could steal their purses.
On April 22, officers stopped all three suspects shortly after leaving the scene of an alleged purse theft from another washateria. Police found the victim's property and a container of pepper spray in the suspects' vehicle. The victim was also able to identify the suspect.
Kristian Rashaud Harris is charged with theft. April Lynn Hubbard and Kete Williams were both arrested on outstanding warrants.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos