Cross-dresser accused of stealing purses
(4/26/06 - KTRK/CONROE, TX) (KTRK) -- An apparent cross-dresser has been arrested in a string of thefts.
According to Conroe police, three suspects committed multiple thefts and robberies over the course of a week. The crime spree began on April 14, when candy and other items were taken from a shop. Later the same day, clothes were stolen from a local clothing store.
In both cases, witnesses stated the male suspect appeared to be a cross-dresser. He was described as a tall, slender black male with a unique tattoo on his neck.
Three women had their purses stolen while they were doing laundry at a washateria. They gave a description that matched the male suspect in the other crimes. He allegedly became more aggressive and in some cases used pepper spray to disorient his victims so he could steal their purses.
On April 22, officers stopped all three suspects shortly after leaving the scene of an alleged purse theft from another washateria. Police found the victim's property and a container of pepper spray in the suspects' vehicle. The victim was also able to identify the suspect.
Kristian Rashaud Harris is charged with theft. April Lynn Hubbard and Kete Williams were both arrested on outstanding warrants.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 2 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial 52 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
28 min ago