Arrest made in double murder case
(8/09/06 - KTRK/ROSENBERG, TX) (KTRK) -- Authorities have made an arrest in connection with a double murder case from nearly two and a half years ago.
On January 21, 2004 two people were found in a Cadillac parked in a meadow off Dyer Road in Rosenberg. Michael Montalvo, 26, and Vivian Michelle Moreno, 19, both had apparent gunshot wounds to the head. Moreno also suffered from stab wounds on or about her head and neck area. Montalvo was pronounced dead at the scene and Moreno, transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital was pronounced dead the next day.
After a lengthy investigation, an arrest warrant for Isaias Santos III, 26, was issued last Friday. A detective with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department teamed up with the FBI for the arrest.
Police surveillance was set up on Santos' current resident in Lindale, Texas. He was spotted and tailed to a convenience store. Authorities arrested Santos there without further incident. He was transported back to Fort Bend County.
This case is still under investigation and investigators have additional suspects they will seek grand jury indictments for.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Firefighters save dog from house fire in Conroe 16 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze 6 min ago
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats 37 min ago
- Dog shoplifts and buries treats
37 min ago
- Driverless car mystery solved
37 min ago