Arrest made in double murder case
(8/09/06 - KTRK/ROSENBERG, TX) (KTRK) -- Authorities have made an arrest in connection with a double murder case from nearly two and a half years ago.
On January 21, 2004 two people were found in a Cadillac parked in a meadow off Dyer Road in Rosenberg. Michael Montalvo, 26, and Vivian Michelle Moreno, 19, both had apparent gunshot wounds to the head. Moreno also suffered from stab wounds on or about her head and neck area. Montalvo was pronounced dead at the scene and Moreno, transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital was pronounced dead the next day.
After a lengthy investigation, an arrest warrant for Isaias Santos III, 26, was issued last Friday. A detective with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department teamed up with the FBI for the arrest.
Police surveillance was set up on Santos' current resident in Lindale, Texas. He was spotted and tailed to a convenience store. Authorities arrested Santos there without further incident. He was transported back to Fort Bend County.
This case is still under investigation and investigators have additional suspects they will seek grand jury indictments for.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale