Chemical spill in Baytown fills air with odor
(10/22/06 - BAYTOWN, TX) (KTRK) -- There's been a spill at the NGO plant in Baytown. As a result, residents in the area of Baytown, League City and Seabrook are smelling a strong odor.
The public is not in danger. It's not a gas leak. It's Mercaptan, a chemical that's put into odorless natural gas, that has spilled. We've received several phone calls from residents saying the odor is strong, but again, the Baytown Fire Department tells us no one is in danger.
The fire department says there is an internal crew working to clean up the spill.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Body found after gunshots ring out near Greens Bayou 10 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County 20 min ago
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Beiber be at Houston rodeo?
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Family: Walmart steaks were laced with LSD
- Transgender woman sues CrossFit over competition
- Fort Hood soldier accused in prostitute case
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin