Chemical spill in Baytown fills air with odor
(10/22/06 - BAYTOWN, TX) (KTRK) -- There's been a spill at the NGO plant in Baytown. As a result, residents in the area of Baytown, League City and Seabrook are smelling a strong odor.
The public is not in danger. It's not a gas leak. It's Mercaptan, a chemical that's put into odorless natural gas, that has spilled. We've received several phone calls from residents saying the odor is strong, but again, the Baytown Fire Department tells us no one is in danger.
The fire department says there is an internal crew working to clean up the spill.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 21 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 47 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston