Chemical spill in Baytown fills air with odor
(10/22/06 - BAYTOWN, TX) (KTRK) -- There's been a spill at the NGO plant in Baytown. As a result, residents in the area of Baytown, League City and Seabrook are smelling a strong odor.
The public is not in danger. It's not a gas leak. It's Mercaptan, a chemical that's put into odorless natural gas, that has spilled. We've received several phone calls from residents saying the odor is strong, but again, the Baytown Fire Department tells us no one is in danger.
The fire department says there is an internal crew working to clean up the spill.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 9 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County