Troopers say man distracted by sign causes fatal wreck in Conroe
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
(1/03/07 - KTRK/CONROE, TX) (KTRK) -- Troopers say a sign for low gas prices may have resulted in a deadly crash.
State troopers say they have not ticketed the woman's husband who caused the crash.Troopers say Johnny Hohensee, 75, made a quick left turn in his Ford Escort towards the gas station. Another car heading the opposite direction crashed into the Escort, killing Linda Hohensee, 64. "The driver stated that he was distracted with the sign at the gas station on the quick stop," said Trooper Chris Perkins with the Department of Public Safety. No one else suffered life-threatening injuries.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend 8 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos