Disney teen actor says he's innocent of drug possession charge
(4/11/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) (KTRK) -- Orlando Brown, star of the Disney show "That's so Raven," says he's innocent of a drug possession charge.
Brown was stopped by Houston police on Monday night for driving with his headlights off. A search of the car he was driving turned up a small amount of marijuana.
Brown stopped by the Channel 13 studio last night to talk about what lead up to his arrest. He claims he was in a friend's vehicle, and didn't realize what was inside.
"You can't take that from me, what I've built," said Brown. "Because I have some friends I hang around and I chose to overlook the things that they do because I have a heart, and I apologize sincerely to my fans, but this time the company that I kept got me."
Brown is currently shooting a new sitcom with ABC called "The Orlando Brown Show." He also has an album in the works.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today