Disney teen actor says he's innocent of drug possession charge
(4/11/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) (KTRK) -- Orlando Brown, star of the Disney show "That's so Raven," says he's innocent of a drug possession charge.
Brown was stopped by Houston police on Monday night for driving with his headlights off. A search of the car he was driving turned up a small amount of marijuana.
Brown stopped by the Channel 13 studio last night to talk about what lead up to his arrest. He claims he was in a friend's vehicle, and didn't realize what was inside.
"You can't take that from me, what I've built," said Brown. "Because I have some friends I hang around and I chose to overlook the things that they do because I have a heart, and I apologize sincerely to my fans, but this time the company that I kept got me."
Brown is currently shooting a new sitcom with ABC called "The Orlando Brown Show." He also has an album in the works.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
53 min ago