Teen may be tried as adult for school fire
(10/4/07 - KTRK/NEEDVILLE, TX) (KTRK) -- There's been a new legal development in the case of a Needville boy accused of setting his school on fire.
The Fort Bend County District Attorney has requested the 16-year-old be certified to stand trial as an adult. The teen confessed to setting the April fire that destroyed the school's offices. He was released on bond back in June.
A hearing is set for Tuesday, at which a judge will decide if the teen is to be tried in adult court.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos