Local basketball legend now a sheriff's deputy
(11/04/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) (KTRK) -- You'd think being a basketball Hall of Famer would be the ultimate dream come true. But former Rocket Elvin Hayes fulfilled his childhood dream Sunday.
Hayes graduated from the Law Enforcement Academy Sunday to become a Liberty County sheriff's deputy. He says he's wanted to be a police officer since he was a kid.
The 61-year-old calls his training the toughest thing he's ever done.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 21 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer