Cigarette blamed for house fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A cigarette is being blamed for starting a house fire in southwest Houston.
The fire broke out at a home on Braes Ridge near Creekbend. Investigators say the homeowner's son fell asleep while smoking a cigarette in bed. It caught his mattress on fire.
The man burned himself while trying to put out the fire. He was treated on the scene.
The fire damaged the second floor. The first floor received smoke and water damage.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported