Three killed in accident near Lake Jackson
BRAZORIA COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Three people, including a mother and son, were killed in a crash in Brazoria County last night.
State troopers say a Jeep Cherokee turned in front of a motorcycle at the intersection of FM 523 and Stratton Ridge Road, about 3 miles east of Lake Jackson and Clute.
The 18-year-old motorcycle rider, Dustin Lackey from Freeport, was killed when his bike T-boned the passenger side of the Jeep. Five people were inside the Jeep. The 41-year-old mother, Guadalupe Sykes from Clute, and her 14-year-old son, Alex Polita, were killed.
The 45-year-old driver of the Jeep, Elbert Sykes, and two other children survived. They're all in good condition at Brazosport Memorial Hospital.
- Headlines at a glance
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 32 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 26 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 17 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 16 min ago