Three killed in accident near Lake Jackson
BRAZORIA COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Three people, including a mother and son, were killed in a crash in Brazoria County last night.
State troopers say a Jeep Cherokee turned in front of a motorcycle at the intersection of FM 523 and Stratton Ridge Road, about 3 miles east of Lake Jackson and Clute.
The 18-year-old motorcycle rider, Dustin Lackey from Freeport, was killed when his bike T-boned the passenger side of the Jeep. Five people were inside the Jeep. The 41-year-old mother, Guadalupe Sykes from Clute, and her 14-year-old son, Alex Polita, were killed.
The 45-year-old driver of the Jeep, Elbert Sykes, and two other children survived. They're all in good condition at Brazosport Memorial Hospital.
- Headlines at a glance
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 41 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 19 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 34 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 12 min ago
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 44 min ago
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old