Eleven arrested in gambling bust
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eleven people were arrested in a high-stakes gambling bust in northwest Harris County.
Sheriff's deputies executed a search warrant on west road near yearling this afternoon, following a two month undercover investigation.
Authorities say they found a room full of card tables and about 80 customers playing Texas Hold 'em. And they weren't playing ordinary poker matches. Thousands of dollars were at stake in the sophisticated operation.
"You gotta know somebody to get in. They have two doors to gain entry. It's operated by a button to gain entry, as well as they have cameras to monitor who's at the front door," said an officer.
Nine people were arrested for organized crime.
Two other people were arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon and outstanding warrants. Police did not take any customers into custody.
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 10 min ago
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 14 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes 54 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 42 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 15 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 1 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos