Eleven arrested in gambling bust
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eleven people were arrested in a high-stakes gambling bust in northwest Harris County.
Sheriff's deputies executed a search warrant on west road near yearling this afternoon, following a two month undercover investigation.
Authorities say they found a room full of card tables and about 80 customers playing Texas Hold 'em. And they weren't playing ordinary poker matches. Thousands of dollars were at stake in the sophisticated operation.
"You gotta know somebody to get in. They have two doors to gain entry. It's operated by a button to gain entry, as well as they have cameras to monitor who's at the front door," said an officer.
Nine people were arrested for organized crime.
Two other people were arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon and outstanding warrants. Police did not take any customers into custody.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 58 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 59 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations 56 min ago
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 20 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos