Club raid nets lots of arrests
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A raid on a downtown night club early Saturday morning resulted in more than 100 arrests.
Dozens of people are facing charges.
Houston police sent an undercover officer into the Pink Monkey Club on Louisiana and Franklin and they say he was able to buy drugs. That led to the raid.
Everyone inside was detained. More than 500 people who were detained were released. Around 130 people were arrested for public intoxication and 10 for drug-related charges.
The manager of the club received more than 20 tickets for city and fire code violations. Officers say the club was over capacity at the time of the raid.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court 42 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies with flight from Houston 17 min ago
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab theft 11 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
- Man sought in dollar store robbery 13 min ago
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 25 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets booed at Billboard Music Awards
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- Photos: Billboard Music Awards from Las Vegas
- Photos: Gyro-eating contest at Greek Festival
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos