Club raid nets lots of arrests
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A raid on a downtown night club early Saturday morning resulted in more than 100 arrests.
Dozens of people are facing charges.
Houston police sent an undercover officer into the Pink Monkey Club on Louisiana and Franklin and they say he was able to buy drugs. That led to the raid.
Everyone inside was detained. More than 500 people who were detained were released. Around 130 people were arrested for public intoxication and 10 for drug-related charges.
The manager of the club received more than 20 tickets for city and fire code violations. Officers say the club was over capacity at the time of the raid.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 5 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 19 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 30 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos