Skate park opens up near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some skateboarders didn't waste any time breaking in the new Lee and Joe Jamail Skate Park off Memorial in downtown.
The park was packed yesterday with young skateboarders practicing their tricks and attacking the wall with their boards. Even some professional skateboarders came out to the park.
The long-awaited park is a 30,000 square foot in-ground facility.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 44 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?