Accident sparks propane leak near plant
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A propane leak occurred near Chevron Phillips plant in Pasadena today.
According to the Pasadena police, a contractor hit a propane pipeline. Chevron Phillips officials said the incident happened on a utility easement not owned by Chevron Phillips. Enterprise Pipeline reportedly owns the pipeline in question.
The leak sent a visible cloud of gas into the air in the vicinity. Chevron Phillips officials said they did take precautions by relocating employees and contract workers to a safe location. They also have their emergency response team standing by in case they are needed.
There were no injuries and are no evacuations at this time.
Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 8 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 1 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally 17 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans