Cheerleading activities halted due to probe
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Varsity cheerleading activities at Morton Ranch High School have been sidelined while officials investigate hazing allegations.
Katy ISD suspended the activities and school officials say any disciplinary action would come after the investigation is complete.
Eyewitness News first broke the story about allegations that varsity cheerleaders from Morton Ranch blindfolded, bound, and tossed members of the JV squad in a pool.
Katy ISD police are in charge of the investigation.
Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 57 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 31 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 59 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters 2 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 17 min ago
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos 11 min ago
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou