Shot suspect had no weapon
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police tell us a suspect who was shot during a drug raid Friday afternoon by an HPD officer did not have a weapon.
Police also did not find any drugs in the southeast Houston home.
A narcotics tactical unit says the suspect had his hands behind his back and made a threatening move. An officer then shot him in the chest with an assault rifle.
The man was in critical condition Friday night.
Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela 21 min ago
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties 49 min ago
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- 5 Things to Know for Today 15 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey 48 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash 12 min ago
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota! 55 min ago
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos