Mother of 'Baby Grace' goes on trial
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Jury selection will begin today in the murder trial of a little girl once known as 'Baby Grace'.
It was around this time last year when a fisherman found the body of the 3-year-old in Galveston Bay. She had been stuffed in a plastic storage bin.
The trial against Trenor began this morning. Eyewitness News was the first to track down Trenor before police arrested her. She was pregnant at the time and told us that state officials in Ohio, where Riley was born, came and took the toddler.
Investigators later revealed findings which indicated Ziegler had abused the child and killed her in a fit of rage. Shortly after Riley's body was found, a nationwide search to identify her was launched, leading investigators to Trenor and Ziegler.
Both Trenor and Ziegler are charged with capital murder. However, the district attorney in Galveston is not seeking the death penalty in the case.
local, eric james
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos