Mother of 'Baby Grace' goes on trial
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Jury selection will begin today in the murder trial of a little girl once known as 'Baby Grace'.
It was around this time last year when a fisherman found the body of the 3-year-old in Galveston Bay. She had been stuffed in a plastic storage bin.
The trial against Trenor began this morning. Eyewitness News was the first to track down Trenor before police arrested her. She was pregnant at the time and told us that state officials in Ohio, where Riley was born, came and took the toddler.
Investigators later revealed findings which indicated Ziegler had abused the child and killed her in a fit of rage. Shortly after Riley's body was found, a nationwide search to identify her was launched, leading investigators to Trenor and Ziegler.
Both Trenor and Ziegler are charged with capital murder. However, the district attorney in Galveston is not seeking the death penalty in the case.
local, eric james
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 6 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 22 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290