Mother of 'Baby Grace' goes on trial
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Jury selection will begin today in the murder trial of a little girl once known as 'Baby Grace'.
It was around this time last year when a fisherman found the body of the 3-year-old in Galveston Bay. She had been stuffed in a plastic storage bin.
The trial against Trenor began this morning. Eyewitness News was the first to track down Trenor before police arrested her. She was pregnant at the time and told us that state officials in Ohio, where Riley was born, came and took the toddler.
Investigators later revealed findings which indicated Ziegler had abused the child and killed her in a fit of rage. Shortly after Riley's body was found, a nationwide search to identify her was launched, leading investigators to Trenor and Ziegler.
Both Trenor and Ziegler are charged with capital murder. However, the district attorney in Galveston is not seeking the death penalty in the case.
local, eric james
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 56 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 40 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos