Theft suspect caught on camera
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities believe they've caught a theft suspect on camera as he stole copper wiring from a construction site.
During the past several months there have been numerous thefts of air conditioning coils and copper wiring stolen from new home construction sites in and around the area of Cinco Ranch.
Although the going price for copper has dropped from $3.50 a pound to $1.30 a pound in just four weeks, Fort Bend County Detectives still have a caseload of copper thefts they continue to target.
On October 21, 2008 at approximately 10:05pm, a suspect is captured by hidden camera removing copper wiring from a construction site in Cinco Ranch. He appears to be a Hispanic male, possibly in his 20's. He is suspected in several theft incidents throughout the area.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on the identity of this suspect to contact the Fort Bend County Sheriff's office at 281-341-4665 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 22 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat