Driver disrupts dinner at restaurant
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Dozens of patrons at a southwest Houston restaurant got a big surprise when a car came crashing through a wall.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
"I saw the guy going crazy in the parking lot," said eyewitness Jennifer Nguyen.
It happened at the popular Los Tios restaurant on Beechnut near West Loop in Meyerland. Investigators say an 85-year-old man parked in front of the restaurant, became disoriented, and reversed his red SUV into four cars. He then put it in drive and slammed into a Kinko's truck, forcing it through the restaurant wall.
"There is smoke in the air, people are running around and nobody got hurt," said Los Tios General Manager Ronnie Hallenberger.
Two people were taken to the hospital. The elderly man has not been charged with anything but the investigation is still underway.
The restaurant's owner says he can't re-open until a construction crew checks out the stress fractures in the wall to make sure it doesn't have to be completely replaced.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 26 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 5 min ago
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved 4 min ago
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Aerials of Moore tornado damage
25 min ago