George Bush monument defaced
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are looking for a vandal who defaced a monument in honor of former President George Bush.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
Shortly before 2pm, Houston police got a call of criminal mischief in progress at the George Bush monument on Bagby at Preston in downtown Houston. Witnesses say a man who appeared to be homeless was using paint to vandalize the monument.
The man was described as having long blond hair, possibly in a ponytail, and wearing a plaid shirt. He may still have some yellow paint on him.
Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos