Man shot by Bellaire police will speak out
BELLAIRE, TX (KTRK) -- A man shot by Bellaire police will tell his story at a news conference later today.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
Robbie Tolan is holding a news conference in southwest Houston at noon.
But last night, some Bellaire residents watched as Tolan told HBO's Bryant Gumble that police gave him no warning before shooting him. Police mistakenly thought Tolan was driving a stolen car on December 31st when they shot him.
Tolan's parents were also detained by police that night. Bellaire Mayor Cindy Siegel told Gumble, "something went wrong or we wouldn't have a young man shot."
"For myself, I am a parent as well. This whole incident is not only disturbing but very disappointing," said Bellaire resident Robert Satcher. "It makes me very concerned about my safety and safety of my kids."
Some Bellaire residents say they've asked to meet with the mayor soon.
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 25 min ago
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael' 53 min ago
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!