Charges in 1-year-old's Christmas Eve death
March 14, 2009 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago man has been charged with killing a 1-year-old girl on Christmas Eve.
Henry Myles, 28, is being held in the murder of Promise Hodges.
In December 2008, police were called to a home in the 7100 block of South Champlain, for a report of an unresponsive child. Hodges later died at Comer Children's Hospital. The Cook County Medical Examiner determined that she died of multiple injuries due to child abuse.
Investigators have not commented on the relationship between Myles and the victim. Myles had been in custody since shortly after the girl's death on an unrelated parole violation.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 34 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 23 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 42 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 22 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today