Take a drive on Milo Hamilton Way
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The voice of the Astros had a street named in his honor Wednesday.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
The Astros and the city of Houston unveiled a new street sign outside Minute Maid Park. They renamed Hilton Street to Milo Hamilton Way. After thanking everyone for the honor, Hamilton signed off with his signature call.
"Because good friends don't forget you and I don't forget good friends, and what kind of a day was it for me? "Holy Toledo, what a day," exclaimed Hamilton at the dedication.
Hamilton has been a radio broadcaster for 64 years, 24 of which have been with the Astros.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 42 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 45 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack