Art cars light up the downtown Houston night
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It was an art car parade like you've never seen before.
A convoy of glowing cars rolled through downtown Houston Saturday night. Fifty cars covered in lights took part in the first ever H-E-B Illuminated Art Car Parade. Each car had its own theme. Some were shaped like a shoe, a beach hut complete with shining yellow pineapples and a face with its mouth wide open.
The parade was held in conjunction with the Autorama at the George R. Brown Convention Center, which was also lit up for the show.
To view the entire parade, click on the segments above
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 36 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 16 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians