Astronaut homecoming celebration planned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The homecoming celebration for the Atlantis astronauts will be held Monday.
The crew arrived back in Houston yesterday after landing in Florida Friday. Astronaut Randolph Bresnik rushed home to see his baby girl, Abigail. She was born in Houston last weekend, while her father orbited the Earth.
The Atlantis mission to the International Space Station was successful. Astronauts performed three spacewalks to install equipment and make repairs. The biggest problem was a series of false alarms on the ISS.
nasa, shuttle, international space station, local
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos