Astronaut homecoming celebration planned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The homecoming celebration for the Atlantis astronauts will be held Monday.
The crew arrived back in Houston yesterday after landing in Florida Friday. Astronaut Randolph Bresnik rushed home to see his baby girl, Abigail. She was born in Houston last weekend, while her father orbited the Earth.
The Atlantis mission to the International Space Station was successful. Astronauts performed three spacewalks to install equipment and make repairs. The biggest problem was a series of false alarms on the ISS.
nasa, shuttle, international space station, local
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse