Astronaut homecoming celebration planned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The homecoming celebration for the Atlantis astronauts will be held Monday.
The crew arrived back in Houston yesterday after landing in Florida Friday. Astronaut Randolph Bresnik rushed home to see his baby girl, Abigail. She was born in Houston last weekend, while her father orbited the Earth.
The Atlantis mission to the International Space Station was successful. Astronauts performed three spacewalks to install equipment and make repairs. The biggest problem was a series of false alarms on the ISS.
nasa, shuttle, international space station, local
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 7 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat 43 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 23 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Two charged in death of North Texas student 39 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire