Pie in the face attack was no joke
SANTA FE, TX -- A pecan pie fight on Thanksgiving led to a woman suffering burns and her brother facing assault allegations.
Galveston County Sheriff's Capt. Barry Cook says the 23-year-old woman suffered first- and second-degree burns to her neck, face and chest on Thursday in Santa Fe.
Cook told The Associated Press that the brother is expected to face an aggravated assault charge. An affidavit has been filed but a warrant had yet to be issued Tuesday.
Some pecan pie heated in a microwave allegedly was thrown on her. She required medical attention.
Cook says deputies were called after the woman and her brother apparently argued over their respective children. Cook says the woman told her sibling that their parents were too old to be watching both sets of children at the same time.
santa fe, thanksgiving, local
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos