Pie in the face attack was no joke
SANTA FE, TX -- A pecan pie fight on Thanksgiving led to a woman suffering burns and her brother facing assault allegations.
Galveston County Sheriff's Capt. Barry Cook says the 23-year-old woman suffered first- and second-degree burns to her neck, face and chest on Thursday in Santa Fe.
Cook told The Associated Press that the brother is expected to face an aggravated assault charge. An affidavit has been filed but a warrant had yet to be issued Tuesday.
Some pecan pie heated in a microwave allegedly was thrown on her. She required medical attention.
Cook says deputies were called after the woman and her brother apparently argued over their respective children. Cook says the woman told her sibling that their parents were too old to be watching both sets of children at the same time.
santa fe, thanksgiving, local
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 32 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 54 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 39 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas