Shell may be slashing jobs as part of restructuring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shell may be slashing 5,000 jobs, including hundreds here in Houston.
The Houston Chronicle reports the company is undergoing a reorganization under new CEO Peter Voser. Under the restructuring, Shell has been going through migration programs, where American positions have been outsourced to countries such as India and the Philippines.
The paper did not have an exact number of job cuts that will hit the Houston division, but the cuts are expected to hit before the end of this month.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 20 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 12 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 8 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records