Shell may be slashing jobs as part of restructuring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shell may be slashing 5,000 jobs, including hundreds here in Houston.
The Houston Chronicle reports the company is undergoing a reorganization under new CEO Peter Voser. Under the restructuring, Shell has been going through migration programs, where American positions have been outsourced to countries such as India and the Philippines.
The paper did not have an exact number of job cuts that will hit the Houston division, but the cuts are expected to hit before the end of this month.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive