Shell may be slashing jobs as part of restructuring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shell may be slashing 5,000 jobs, including hundreds here in Houston.
The Houston Chronicle reports the company is undergoing a reorganization under new CEO Peter Voser. Under the restructuring, Shell has been going through migration programs, where American positions have been outsourced to countries such as India and the Philippines.
The paper did not have an exact number of job cuts that will hit the Houston division, but the cuts are expected to hit before the end of this month.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 49 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system 43 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room 48 min ago
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook 52 min ago