Mayor-elect Parker to meet with HPD chief today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Mayor-elect Annise Parker is set to meet with Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt today.
Parker made it clear during her mayoral campaign she wanted a new police chief. Last week, Hurtt resigned effective December 30. Parker's spokesperson says the mayor-elect wants to get Hurtt's thoughts on the department and respects his opinion.
Parker's inauguration is set for January 4.
annise parker, harold hurtt, local
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods