Mayor-elect Parker to meet with HPD chief today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Mayor-elect Annise Parker is set to meet with Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt today.
Parker made it clear during her mayoral campaign she wanted a new police chief. Last week, Hurtt resigned effective December 30. Parker's spokesperson says the mayor-elect wants to get Hurtt's thoughts on the department and respects his opinion.
Parker's inauguration is set for January 4.
annise parker, harold hurtt, local
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 19 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home