Driver found dead of possible gunshot wound
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man found dead after a car accident may have been the victim of violence.
Around 8:45am Thursday, a man was found dead in the 4100 block of West Little York. Patrol officers and Houston Fire Department emergency personnel responded to the traffic accident and found the victim's vehicle had driven off the road and struck a telephone pole. Several passers-by stopped to help and called 911.
Further examination of the victim by HFD determined he had suffered a possible gunshot wound. Homicide investigators were then called to the scene. The victim's identity and cause of death is pending verification by the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.
Anyone with information on this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 31 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 19 min ago
- Obama hams it up on Funny or Die 27 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret 18 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
18 min ago
- Residents upset over planned housing project
14 min ago