Owner finds pet cat lost after Hurrican Ike
WEBSTER, TX -- A cat that ran away during Hurricane Ike evacuation in the Galveston area has turned up more than a year later in a neighborhood not far from home.
Juliet Pennay says Simon was living with her mother in Webster, while Pennay was in Paris studying French, but was being moved to at uncle's place as Ike approached. The cat bolted.
Pennay returned home for Christmas 2009 and took walks, thinking she might see her long-lost cat. Pennay says she was about to give up when she noticed something furry and gray near a garage.
Pennay says her "heart just stopped" when she recognized her kitty.
The animal is back with an uncle. Pennay, who has returned to France, does not know where Simon has been since Ike came ashore in September 2008.
hurricane ike, local
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone