Fire breaks out at another Heights home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was another house fire in the Heights last night, but this one has been ruled accidental.
A home on East 13 1/2 Street at Beverley caught fire last night. Firefighters arrived to find flames on the side of the house by the carport. They knocked out the fire without any problems. HFD investigators have determined the fire was cause by an electrical problem. It's believed sparks from an outlet ignited a pile of firewood that was stacked against the house.
There was a couple inside the home at the time the fire broke out. They weren't hurt and got out safely.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer