Students, pizza customers raise money for local family
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- School children and an area pizza restaurant owner collected thousands of dollars in gift cards to help a family that will be featured on ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.The children at St. Clare of Assisi Catholic School collected $5,000 for the Beach family. The Extreme Makeover crew will build the Beach family a new home to replace one in Kemah destroyed by Hurricane Ike.
Student Andrew Anzalone said, "I just thought it was nice and they really needed the money and I didn't need any really, so I didn't need to use, so they could use it more."
"I did my chores," said student Monica Asuncion. "I saved up some money over the summer and from my birthday (to donate) $10-15."
The owner of Mario's Pizza also collected $3,000 in gift cards from customers.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 4 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 3 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center 21 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 37 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 37 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 30 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 45 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 47 min ago
- Spurs fans wearing team spirit on their heads
2 min ago