SPCA rescues animals from Alvin home
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- More than 100 animals are now with the SPCA after being rescued overnight.
The SPCA and the Alvin Police Department worked together to take the animals from a home in Alvin. The SPCA tells us the animals were living in horrible conditions. Some of the dogs were in small cages and living on old stacked newspapers that were covered in urine and feces. The animals at the property also included guinea pigs and horses.
The SPCA says the owners were breeding the animals.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 20 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
45 min ago