Popular BBQ restaurant to close down for good
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After 60 years of serving barbecue, a popular restaurant is closing down for good.
Otto's has a long list of customers, including former President George H. W. Bush. He came by yesterday to get a final plate of food before the business closed. The building will be demolished and replaced with a bank. The owner told us it was hard to say goodbye.
"We have some wonderful people here in the City of Houston that have supported us for hundreds of years. It's a little, a little emotional," said owner June Softa Otto.
You will still be able to order a hamburger from Otto's at that location for a few more months.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 50 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 16 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 10 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 51 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 59 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 40 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 8 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
25 min ago