Popular BBQ restaurant to close down for good
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After 60 years of serving barbecue, a popular restaurant is closing down for good.
Otto's has a long list of customers, including former President George H. W. Bush. He came by yesterday to get a final plate of food before the business closed. The building will be demolished and replaced with a bank. The owner told us it was hard to say goodbye.
"We have some wonderful people here in the City of Houston that have supported us for hundreds of years. It's a little, a little emotional," said owner June Softa Otto.
You will still be able to order a hamburger from Otto's at that location for a few more months.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court 25 min ago
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 21 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston 20 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident 15 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., 21 injured
- Two women burned in Fort Worth store attack 5 min ago
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos